Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Is Blocking a Website and Unblocking on Orbi App Doesn't fix It

mlasky9679
Aspirant

Armor Is Blocking a Website and Unblocking on Orbi App Doesn't fix It

Hi,

Up until yesterday I had no problem with a website that I login into for work.  This morning when I tried I got the following error:

Stop!

Netgear Armor has blocked this website for your protection, it might contain malware, phishing, fraud attempt, or other forms of criminal...

We suggest you go back to safety

I would also get the following pop-up on my Orbi App:

Privacy Threat Blocked

Netgear Armor has detected that your computer is sending unencrypted authentication information and blocked that page.  

When I click 'unblock URL' it says the URL was unblocked successfully but won't let me proceed to the website.  

The only thing that fixed it was disabling Netgear Armor but I don't want that as the long-term solution, what else can I do?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Armor Is Blocking a Website and Unblocking on Orbi App Doesn't fix It

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
mlasky9679
Aspirant

Thanks @FURRYe38

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru