Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor and Open VPN for Orbi

OrbiN00b
Aspirant

Armor and Open VPN for Orbi

Hi.

I'm trying to set up an internet connection with VPN, but it has proven to be difficult for a network beginner.

I have talked with Bitdefender regarding their Armour function and asked if that would come with a VPN function in the future. It will not. However, they informed me that Bitdefender Armour will soon be powering the Netgear Orbi and that the Orbi may have an OpenVPN option.

I already have the Orbi AC2200 RBK20, so some questions naturally arise:

- When will Netgear Orbi RBK20 be available with the Armor function and OpenVPN? Anytime soon?

- Will the Armor and Open VPN option be available through an update, or do I have to purchase the newest version of Orbi when it launches?

- Using OpenVPN means that I can have VPN installed while at the same time use the Armor and Disney Parental Control right? No need to reinstall the original firmware as is needed with other routers?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sincerely

Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Armor and Open VPN for Orbi

@OrbiN00b wrote:

- When will Netgear Orbi RBK20 be available with the Armor function and OpenVPN? Anytime soon?

The latest Orbi software (2.3.0.32 for 50 series and 2.3.0.28 for 20/40 series) already support Armor. OpenVPN is already supported in Orbi as VPN server since a long time ago

@OrbiN00b wrote:

- Will the Armor and Open VPN option be available through an update, or do I have to purchase the newest version of Orbi when it launches?

Already available as software update 🙂

@OrbiN00b wrote:

- Using OpenVPN means that I can have VPN installed while at the same time use the Armor and Disney Parental Control right? No need to reinstall the original firmware as is needed with other routers?

Yes, you should be able to use those features after upgrading to the latest software without reinstalling any software

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
OrbiN00b
Aspirant

Re: Armor and Open VPN for Orbi

Alright. Thank you @ekhalil 😃 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation