Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: Armor on Orbi questions (activation issues and another question)

cdavis11
Initiate

Re: Armor on Orbi questions (activation issues and another question)

I've got armor set up and it has been running fine for the past couple of weeks, however I do have a strange issue with the Armor web portal reporting all of my LAN devices "threats blocked" as "Server Problem"

Is anyone else seeing this?  I can't seem to find any documentation on it.

Message 51 of 63
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

@cdavis11 wrote:

I've got armor set up and it has been running fine for the past couple of weeks, however I do have a strange issue with the Armor web portal reporting all of my LAN devices "threats blocked" as "Server Problem"

Is anyone else seeing this?  I can't seem to find any documentation on it.

Message 52 of 63
Santap
Tutor

I have the same issue on Orbi. In "Threats Block" column has all devices tagged with "Server Problem" message. It was working just fine for about 2 weeks or so before I noticed this issue. My router is on firmware version V2.3.1.44

Message 53 of 63
FURRYe38
Guru

@Santap wrote:

I have the same issue on Orbi. In "Threats Block" column has all devices tagged with "Server Problem" message. It was working just fine for about 2 weeks or so before I noticed this issue. My router is on firmware version V2.3.1.44

Message 54 of 63
Wigwam00
Aspirant

Is it also possible to turn it off

Message 55 of 63
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory rest maybe needed. 

Post here and ask about it:

https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor

@Wigwam00 wrote:

Is it also possible to turn it off

Message 56 of 63
evil_mike
Apprentice

Tried that. No change
Message 57 of 63
TechGuru1986
Initiate

You should go to the Orbi app on your phone and activate Armor from the Security Tap after you update the Orbi's firmware. The activation was successful and active for me. However, after activating Armor, I begin to experience frequent internet disconnection from the Orbi. Not only I got a disconnection from the internet on my PC which wired directly onto the router but also wireless connection was also lost. I reboot the Orbi and the connection returns for a little bit then disconnects again out of the blue. The issues forced me to perform a full reset of the Orbi and the Armor was gone out of my account. After a full reset of the Orbi, you would have no problem reconnecting your devices back to wifi if you keep all the wifi credentials(SSID, Password, Type of encryptions(WPA2) etc..) the same as before. Most of the times, your devices will re-connect to wifi automatically. In my case, I will just leave Armor not active for now and see if my internet connection still drops for a while. I also use a Circle device on my network right now, therefore I am not sure if the Circle Parental Control device has anything to do with the interference of the Armor and causes the internet to disconnect. Hope this helps! It is really bad if Netgear's new feature Armor is the cause of wire and wireless network disconnection.

Message 58 of 63
Wigwam00
Aspirant

i have the same exact problem. nice to know its a netgear problem
Message 59 of 63
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to post about any Armor problems in the Armor forum:

Good Luck. 

@Wigwam00 wrote:
i have the same exact problem. nice to know its a netgear problem

Message 60 of 63
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

The "Server Problem" issue has already been reported and is being worked on. As mentioned by FURRYe38, for Armor specific issues, please do post on the dedicated board.

Thanks,

Dexter

Message 61 of 63
Blaqman
Aspirant

I am having the same issue here for the last 48 hours, and supposedly the trial period drops from 3 months to 30 days tomorrow. I would like to get this fixed and take advantage of the Armor trial.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 62 of 63
Blaqman
Aspirant

Solved. But the bullet and did factory reset and had to setup network again. Also reinstalled Orbi app on iPhone just in case. After that, all set. I am super dissatisfied with Netgear’s policy to not even allow a single phone call without buying a service plan. Total bs. But at least I’m up and running. Thanks forum.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 63 of 63
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7