Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Assign Guest Network to Satellite LAN ports

UP4278
Aspirant

Assign Guest Network to Satellite LAN ports

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the LAN ports on the satellites to connect to Guest Network?

I am hooking up a printer on that port, I would like it to be accessible from the guest network.

Router is RBR20, Satellites are RBS20. 

Thanks

UP

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@UP4278 wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the LAN ports on the satellites to connect to Guest Network?

I am hooking up a printer on that port, I would like it to be accessible from the guest network.

A printer available only to the Guest network?  Interesting.  How about an inexpensive WiFi Extender, such as a TP-Link N300, available on Amazon for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42/ref=sxts_sxwds-bi... 

It has one ethernet port that can be used to connect a printer that lacks WiFi. Pair it to the Guest 2.4G network.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
alokeprasad
Mentor

Assigning guest network to the ethernet ports on the router or the satellites is not possible, AFAIK.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@UP4278 wrote:

Hi there,

A printer available only to the Guest network?  Interesting.  How about an inexpensive WiFi Extender, such as a TP-Link N300, available on Amazon for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42/ref=sxts_sxwds-bi... 

It has one ethernet port that can be used to connect a printer that lacks WiFi. Pair it to the Guest 2.4G network.

Message 3 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

Pair a range extender to the Orbi guest network and use the range extender's ethernet port ... Brilliant!!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7