Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Asus router in Media Bridge mode loses connection to Orbi multiple times a day

GatorBait
Tutor

Re: Asus router in Media Bridge mode loses connection to Orbi multiple times a day

I, and I'm sure serveral others, have reported the issue to Asus. As Merlin uses the stock Asus firmware to do his thing, I'm sure he's aware but is at the mercy of Asus to fix the problem. As stated before, roll back to older firmware on the Asus router(s) and you should have a stable connection. Just make sure your main router is up to date on its firmware. I know Asus has a beta fw availible, at least for the GT-AC5300, so I would assume that most of their routers are going to get an update in the coming weeks. I don't know whether or not it addresses bridge mode. If it does, it would probably be safe to assume that the fix will be rolled out in future fw for all Asus routers. If I get the time, I'll test out the beta and post my results.

Message 26 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Asus router in Media Bridge mode loses connection to Orbi multiple times a day

Thanks for posting this info. Let us know when you can.

Message 27 of 29
GatorBait
Tutor

Had a chance to put the beta fw on my GT-AC5300. What a disaster. After uploading, I "initialized" a factory reset. On previous fw versions, I could at least configure it as a bridge during setup and be good to go for an hour or 2. Not so with the beta. The bridge shows connected to the main router but no internet. My pc was getting issued an ip address FROM THE BRIDGE! DHCP server should be turned off when in bridge mode. Maually entering a LAN ip on the bridge does nothing either. I did copy my logs and sent them to Asus so hopefully the next beta will addess the issue

Message 28 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck with that. 

@GatorBait wrote:

Had a chance to put the beta fw on my GT-AC5300. What a disaster. After uploading, I "initialized" a factory reset. On previous fw versions, I could at least configure it as a bridge during setup and be good to go for an hour or 2. Not so with the beta. The bridge shows connected to the main router but no internet. My pc was getting issued an ip address FROM THE BRIDGE! DHCP server should be turned off when in bridge mode. Maually entering a LAN ip on the bridge does nothing either. I did copy my logs and sent them to Asus so hopefully the next beta will addess the issue

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7