Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached Devices / 2.7.2.104

gtmead09
Guide

Attached Devices / 2.7.2.104

I don't know if NetGear watches this forum, but I really wish that they could take a hard look at the latest firmwares in relation to the attached device function. I just upgraded to 2.7.2.104 and attached devices is still broken. It doesn't show all of the devices actually attached. Once again back to firmware 2.5.1.16 till they fix it........ personally just frustrated that I have to run old firmware without newer security patches so I can get basic functionality to work. Resets, etc do nothing to help the issue.... 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Attached Devices / 2.7.2.104

I had a similar problem with 2.7.2.104 where three devices did not show up on Attached Devices, but did show on the Access Control page as "Allowed devices that are not connected."  I saved the config, did Factory Reset, reloaded the config and now they show up properly.

If that had not worked, I am pretty certain that doing a Factory Reset and configuring the Orbi manually would have cleared up Attached Devices, but for me that is 2 hours of effort.

Message 2 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Attached Devices / 2.7.2.104

I'm not totally convinced this snafu is related to firmware.

I started seeing something similar when I logged into the Orbi PC login.  Disconnected sat, missing devices, etc.  I re-booted all, modem, router, sats and that seem to fix it for a few days, but then it was back.  So I left it alone, and I noticed yesterday and again this morning, everything seems to be back in order.

I haven't updated my firmware in awhile.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7