Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached Devices never show all the devices

chinjien
Tutor

Attached Devices never show all the devices

RBK50 version 1 never show all the attached devices. Firmware is currently version V2.5.1.16 . Previously it can show all the devices. What actually happened?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Attached Devices never show all the devices

@chinjien wrote:
RBK50 version 1 never show all the attached devices. Firmware is currently version V2.5.1.16 . Previously it can show all the devices. What actually happened?

Are you referring to all attached devices or all connected devices that are broadcasting.. 

The only devices that show are the devices that are broadcasting. A device that is attached but off, will not show.

Message 2 of 10
chinjien
Tutor

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I am actually referring to the devices that are connected to Orbi Router and Satellites, wireless and wired, that are currently running, like the current iPhone that I am using to reply this in the forum. Even for this phone that I’m using that is connected to the WiFi to send this reply is not listed too. Anyway for me to fix this?
Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@chinjien wrote:
Anyway for me to fix this?

@Mstrbigis correct that devices which are "connected" but inactive will drop off the Attached Devices display.  For example, when I close the Nest "app", eventually my Nest thermostat no longer shows as "attached", even though it certainly is.  This does not appear to be what you are experiencing.

Others have reported that the newer Netgear firmware has problems with Attached Devices and their solution was to manually install the previous firmware, version 2.5.1.8  My guess is that you are left with two options: (a) if the only issue you have with the Orbi is the accuracy of the Attached Devices display, you can just ignore it and hope that eventually all devices appear correctly, or (b) manually install 2.5.1.8.

Message 4 of 10
chinjien
Tutor

Again thank you for your reply. I guess if it's possible to downgrade the firmware then I might just try your second solution which is to downgrade the firmware back to the old 2.5.1.8 version. I do hope that Netgear will rectify this in the=ir next firmware release as this is getting pretty annoying. Really appreciate your reply CrimpOn

Message 5 of 10
Mstrbig
Master

Are the results the same in the Browser GUI as in the App? For me, there are devices not showing up in the app, that are showing up in the GUI. could be an app issue.

Message 6 of 10
chinjien
Tutor

Actually both of them are not showing the correct connected devices. That's the frustrating part.

Message 7 of 10
arnb
Guide

Message 8 of 10
arnb
Guide

I just discovered my Orbi system display becomes garbage when adding  Broadlink RM Mini 3 Ir Blaster, but everything works. 

Message 9 of 10
arnb
Guide

Updated to V2.6.1.36 attached devices now works correctly. However, Broadlink devices are not listed, they end up in Unattached Device list but work. Also I purchased a RBK43S, BitDefender is no longer showing as an option after V2.6.1.36. Submitted a support ticket.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7