Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Attached Devices not showing after V2.1.1.12 firmware upgrade (RBR50)

fredsocial
Tutor

Attached Devices not showing after V2.1.1.12 firmware upgrade (RBR50)

I noticed that several people are complaining about the fact the Attached Devices are not longer showing after V2.1.1.12 firmware upgrade (RBR50). I have the same problem. 

Does anybody were able to fix it, without having to downgrade the firmware?

Message 1 of 30
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No one has fixed it from what I have seen. knowledgable people say it's just a display issue and the satellites are still used, but if you depend on the list to be able to block certain devices from accessing the internet be aware that may not not work.

Message 2 of 30
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The issue is being addressed in the next fix which Amit address in the larger 2.1 thread but as aaz is saying it looks to be a bug in the GUI not showing the info.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 30
fredsocial
Tutor

Thank you. Any update on this?
Message 4 of 30
ratickle
Apprentice

Orbi firmware version 2.1.1.16 has been release.  The release notes say this version specifically addresses the problem of attached devices NOT being listed by the satellite web interface.

I installed 2.1.1.16.  At first the satellite WAS showing attached devices, but after four hours of uptime, the list of attached devices being shown by the satellite web interface are gone again. To me, it looks like version 2.1.1.16 did NOT fix the problem.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 30
webminster
Luminary

Confirmed here, problem still exists in .16 firmware.

Message 6 of 30
mpf541
Apprentice

on the .12 firmware mine took a couple days to start showing connected devices. I upgraded to .16 today and all my devices are still listed. I did have a wall plug sat that connected to the main router and had a poor connetcion but rebooting it it reconnected to the closer wired sat and now has a good connection. 

Now I just hope they all stary working properly

Message 7 of 30
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@webminster wrote:

Confirmed here, problem still exists in .16 firmware.

For those saying they are still having problems in .16 firmware maybe try re-deploying the firmware update again - first satellites - one by one, and then the router. Make sure you have the proper firmware for the satellites and the router.

This update is working well for me but it's only been about 2 hours now. Will report if there are any issues - but, cross my fingers, so far none. This one looks like the one.

Message 8 of 30
JMU1998
Luminary

It has been about 5 hrs and issue returned, I even did a factory reset on both after the firmware update 

Message 9 of 30
Mayhugh1
Apprentice

I updated to the new firmware this morning, and all is still woking well. The only anomaly I'm seeing is that my wife's iphone shows up in the top group of devices along with the two satellites. It's listed as being connected to the router with an unknown connection type. The phone has internet connectivity, but strangely it also has a 'good' backhaul status associated with it. Before the update, the phone was listed along with the other devices in the lower group of devices.

Message 10 of 30
fredsocial
Tutor

It is working for me after V2.1.1.16 firmware upgrade (it's been 18 hours since the upgrade). I thing that I noticed is that the satellite sometimes shows up as disconnected from the router. 

Message 11 of 30
webminster
Luminary

Not here, it didn't clear itself up overnight, satellite list is still empty.  Still some wrong entries in the router list as well, even after clients reconnected.  They really messed up the connection accounting in this release.

Message 12 of 30
atiq332
Star

my rbs50 are connected with router, but no device shows connected even its just front of where iam sitting, also some of my device are working internet but not shows either on rbk50 or rbs50?

Message 13 of 30
ratickle
Apprentice

Many of us are seeing this connected devices not being displayed on the satellite.  Many of us also have frequent unexpeted self-reboots. These problems were there on v2.1.1.12 and did not go away with v2.1.1.16.  You are not alone.

Netgear has said they will not enable auto-updates until after the new year.  Hopefully, they will have better firmware to push our way.

Message 14 of 30
atiq332
Star

Thanks for your quick reply.but my problem is this, my free technical support are going to end on 18th jan, and if this problem carry on , they wont support free, plz advice

Message 15 of 30
McDoogie
Tutor

Why can't we sort through attached devices by IP Address in ascending/descending order?

Message 16 of 30
bsorrent
Guide

I had to downgrade from 2.1.1.16 to 2.1.1.12 due to a number of unrelated issues to the attached devices not showing.  All of my devices were showing in 2.1.1.16 but they are not in 2.1.1.12 (even wired devices are not showing).  Netgear is telling me that they don't want me to update my firmware until/unless I need to due to performance issues.  I would very much like to see all of my devices.  I will wait a few days to attempt to update the firmware to ensure I have a stable network as I recently spent 8+ hours getting it working.  

Message 17 of 30
bsorrent
Guide

I forgot to inlclude an answer to the person who was worried about support after the 90 days.  It's not an issue, Netgear has extended support to Orbi users beyond the 90 days (I personally think it's due to the fact the bugs are not worked out of this product as I have spent at leat 5 days worth of hours getting this thing working over the past 5 months).  

Message 18 of 30
nycjoker
Initiate

Any word from Netgear on a permanent fix? The latest firmware for .16 is losing the device list after some time. Rebooting the satellite and reconnecting it fixes the issue for me but for a short period of time.
Message 19 of 30
tagteam
Virtuoso

nycjoker wrote:
Any word from Netgear on a permanent fix?...

Yes, next release, purportedly:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Attached-Devices-not-showing-after-V2-1-1-12-firmware-upgrade/...

Message 20 of 30
atiq332
Star

hope so they fixed this time, actualy v2.1.12..and the lated v2.1.1.16 wont do the job, still facing same issue.. auto reboot. automatic ip changed. some the connected devices are not showing even they connected. satellite are connected with router but some time not a single device are connected.. i purchaed this on 12th october. 90 days are coming to end on 18th , i returned. they wont fixed these issue.. rbk50 are more than 11 month since they playing with firmware.. 

Message 21 of 30
Mayhugh1
Apprentice

My system is stable and hasn't rebooted on its own since it was set up some 2 weeks ago. I do see, though, the issue with the .16 firmware not showing some devices connected to the satellites they are obviously connected to. What I'm seeing is that if a 'new' device connects to the network (by 'new' I mean a device that wasn't already connected during a previous manual satellite reboot) then it never shows up in the attached devices list. If the satellite to which it is likely attached is rebooted (my system has two satellites) then the device will show up attached to that satellite after the reboot. I do see some mobile devices eventually becoming attached to the router instead of to a satellite. This happens even when I'm reasonably sure the device spent its life around the satellite and nowhere near the router. I can tell when this happens because a speedtest on that device or devices will show a dramatic drop in downlink data rate. Manually rebooting the satellite to which those devices should be attached generally brings them back to that satellite and the data rate is restored. This is an annoyance, but granted a minor one considering what some others are experiencing.

Another anomally that my wife's iphone shows is its preference for 2.4G rather than 5G connevtion to the network. Her chsrging ststion for the phone is only five feet from one if the satellites. The log also shows her phone with a valid ip address launching DOS and ARP attacks against the network. I guess it might be trying to attract attention to its 5G issue. The logs are also full of DHCP messages to the various devices from, I guess, the router. Their time stamps  show time intervals ranging a few to four up to 12 hours. I expect the 12 hour intervals but not the few to four hour intervals. The router and satellite status' show those devices to be up and running during those times, and like I've said, there has been no indication of the system ever having gone down except for the times I've manually rebooted a satellite just to see what happens. I've never rebooted the router.

To those having Mac power book problems, I saw similar issues on the network I previously had before installing the Orbi. I traced it down to an issue with hybernation. After being asleep for three hours the power book goes into deep sleep (hybernation). In my case this was sometimes happening during long downloads and Time Machine backups. When this happened the network connection would be dropped. My research showed plenty of owners complaining about this issue, but evidently not everyone is seeing it. My solution was to disallow hybernation with a few command lines in a terminal session on the mac. This non-green fix would be frowned upon by some, but the mac has been rock stable ever since.

Message 22 of 30
nXXo
Apprentice

I have absolutely the same problem with firmware. .16 All my wifi is automatically linked to my router and not to my satellite, even if I am less than one meter from my stellite. However, I doubt if it really connected to my router because my signal remains very good. But iPhone on the other hand its connected according to orbi on the 2.4 and not the 5G.

Message 23 of 30
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We have a beta firmware that has fixes for the 2.1.1 issues you can find it here.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/m-p/1476960#M19962

DarrenM

Message 24 of 30
atiq332
Star

i upgrade beta just to let you know first reaction. my wifi speeds are not crossing 100-113 and pind ae high too... can i get back to my first factory firmaware ? i think which is .74.. was very happy without any problem i get 300mb all around my home 

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7