Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attached Devices

KMWNAZ
Tutor

Attached Devices

I noticed after installing my router (which I have set as an AP) that I still get a list of  "attached devices" that includes just about everything in the house.   Can I assume this is just a list of devices on the network and not the Orbi?   All the other devices are in a different location and are served by an Apple Extreme Router so it's weirding me out.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
budy
Luminary

Betreff: Attached Devices

No worries… this is just fine, as the Orbi displays all the MAC addresses it has seen on the network, regardless if they came in over wireless or the wired connection.

View solution in original post

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 5

All Replies
budy
Luminary

No worries… this is just fine, as the Orbi displays all the MAC addresses it has seen on the network, regardless if they came in over wireless or the wired connection.

Message 2 of 5
KMWNAZ
Tutor

Thanks for the answer.   I have two more.  As mentioned I have the router in AP mode and today added an outdoor satellite.  It installed fine but two things I noticed. 

1.  For the Outdoor Sat. It says it's connection type as 5G?  Is that correct? 

2.  The router's light is a constant "Magenta" yet it seems to be fine and connected and status shows ? 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 5
budy
Luminary

@KMWNAZ wrote:

Thanks for the answer.   I have two more.  As mentioned I have the router in AP mode and today added an outdoor satellite.  It installed fine but two things I noticed. 

2.  The router's light is a constant "Magenta" yet it seems to be fine and connected and status shows ? 

Hi,

well… is the outdoor sat connected via Ethernet? Usually, one doesn't want to drill though the outer walls… 😉 However, it may be the case, that your satellite is actually connecting to your router via 5G, even if the ethernet cable is installed. You could then disconnect the ethernet cable from your satellite and perform a reboot on the satellite. Wait until the connection has been established and then plug in the ethernet cable again. The state should  then change a couple of minutes later.

Regarding the magenta LED ring on the router… yes, this is a slightly annoying issue. Although being absolutely harmless, it really shouldn't be that way. You will need to shut down the LED ring by yourself using the telnet interface, which you can enable on the debug.htm page of your router.

Shut down the LED ring like this, once you gained access to your Orbi's command line interface:

sbin/ledcontrol -n all -s off

This will suffice until the next reboot or your Orbi router - which has been more than 3 months for me. 😉

Cheers,

budy

P.S. I just did that myself, now that you reminded me of the fact, that my satellite was still in 5G… 😉 and I verified the procedure… poweroff sat, remove cable, poweron sat, wait until ist registers with the router, plug the cable back in, wait until the state shows wired.

Message 4 of 5
KMWNAZ
Tutor

Answers below in RED

@budy wrote:

@KMWNAZ wrote:

Hi,

well… is the outdoor sat connected via Ethernet? Usually, one doesn't want to drill though the outer walls… 😉 However, it may be the case, that your satellite is actually connecting to your router via 5G, even if the ethernet cable is installed. Indeed the Outdoor Sat. is connected ONLY via Wifi not hardwired. 

You could then disconnect the ethernet cable from your satellite and perform a reboot on the satellite. Wait until the connection has been established and then plug in the ethernet cable again. The state should  then change a couple of minutes later.

Regarding the magenta LED ring on the router… yes, this is a slightly annoying issue. Although being absolutely harmless, it really shouldn't be that way. You will need to shut down the LED ring by yourself using the telnet interface, which you can enable on the debug.htm page of your router.

Shut down the LED ring like this, once you gained access to your Orbi's command line interface:

sbin/ledcontrol -n all -s off

This will suffice until the next reboot or your Orbi router - which has been more than 3 months for me. 😉

Ok I did the telnet command.  As long as it doesn't mean anything (being magenta) I'm ok with it.  Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

budy

P.S. I just did that myself, now that you reminded me of the fact, that my satellite was still in 5G… 😉 and I verified the procedure… poweroff sat, remove cable, poweron sat, wait until ist registers with the router, plug the cable back in, wait until the state shows wired.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7