Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Automatic reboot

rjhudak
Follower

Automatic reboot

I know people have asked this question before, but no difinitive answer was ever given. How can I schedule a weekly reboot of my router? Why isn't this option in the interface? This (to me) is a pretty basic function available from other routers. Anyone?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Most generally if routers are setup well and in a good working envrionment, reboots are not needed or should be needed. 

Problems causing routers to be rebooted should be investigated and troubleshot to bring the real problem to light and then make adjustments there. 

Items like noise, wifi neighbors and congestions, mis configurations, placement of the Orbi devices and ISP modem configurations are all leads that need to be check into. 

I've seen over 14 days of Orbi use with no reboots ever needed. I"m sure others have seen more as well. 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@rjhudak wrote:

I know people have asked this question before, but no difinitive answer was ever given. How can I schedule a weekly reboot of my router? Why isn't this option in the interface? This (to me) is a pretty basic function available from other routers. Anyone?

My Orbi has been up for 89 days with no issues.  "Why isn't this option in the interface?"  Nobody knows. It is not an option on my Netgear R7000 which is 10 years old.  Maybe @FURRYe38 is correct that Netgear engineers think routers should "just stay on."

Sorry.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7