Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BRS WAN LAN conflict

paulcwr
Tutor

BRS WAN LAN conflict

for some reason, even though my Orbi with 2 satelites had always worked fine, since about mid october, whenever on an apple device (never tried on a PC since i don't own one), whenever I go to a site that uses https, the orbi seems to append the suffix "brs wan lan conflict.html" to the web site adresse and I get a web page asking me to log in and enter a user name and password.  this page seems generated by the orbi since it is the same regardless of the site when I am intending to go (eg ebay, amazon, etc.). This both on iphones, ipads and my mac.  My setup is that I have a dsl modem+router in which I plug in the orbi router, and this one acts as a wifi hub and also provides ip connetivity to two satellites.  This setup worked fine for over 6 months and overnight stopped working.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this really annoying issue?  thanks in advance for any help. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@paulcwr wrote:

.....  My setup is that I have a dsl modem+router in which I plug in the orbi router, and this one acts as a wifi hub and also provides ip connetivity to two satellites.  .... 

Please make sure that your "dsl modem+router" is set to bridged mode and is not acting as a router, if you have the Orbi set to "Router Mode"

Message 3 of 9
paulcwr
Tutor

This worked.  I disabled the daisy chain functionality and now I can visit all web sites, even those using HTTPS without having this BRS WAN LAN contflict and the mysterious login page.. thanks for your help.

paul

Message 4 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@paulcwr wrote:

This worked.  I disabled the daisy chain functionality and now I can visit all web sites, even those using HTTPS without having this BRS WAN LAN contflict and the mysterious login page.. 

I think that this worked only temporarly since disabling Daisy Chain causes a system restart. I expect that you can see the issue again when a new IP address conflict will occur next time you make another system restart (on next software update for example 🙂 )

I suggest that you solve the root cause of the issue instead.

Message 5 of 9
paulcwr
Tutor

thanks for helping.  I am sorry to ask but I am not too competent on dsl modem programmeing so how do I solve the root cause issue?  can you please point me to a step by step guide? thank you

Message 6 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@paulcwr wrote:

thanks for helping.  I am sorry to ask but I am not too competent on dsl modem programmeing so how do I solve the root cause issue?  can you please point me to a step by step guide? thank you

What is the brand and model of your DSL modem+Router? Do you have a manual for it so we can check how to change the configuration to bridged mode?

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you can find a manual or online support site information for the ISP modem, you an ask your ISP for help and information regarding bridging, IF the modem supports it. 

@paulcwr wrote:

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the change worked. 

If everything is working, you might run it for now and leave the system alone. Maybe no need to bridge the modem...

@paulcwr wrote:

This worked.  I disabled the daisy chain functionality and now I can visit all web sites, even those using HTTPS without having this BRS WAN LAN contflict and the mysterious login page.. thanks for your help.

paul

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7