Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BRS_wanlan_conflict.html

ranicam
Follower

BRS_wanlan_conflict.html

Hi there, 

I just changed internat supplier and have connect the ORBI to the new modem via the cable. Since then I have been having issues with signal dropping and not being able to access websites recieving notification that I need to log in... I also am not able to obtain full functionality of the google home devices. 

Regards, 

Rani 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: BRS_wanlan_conflict.html

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: BRS_wanlan_conflict.html

@ranicam wrote:

I just changed internat supplier and have connect the ORBI to the new modem via the cable. Since then I have been having issues with signal dropping and not being able to access websites recieving notification that I need to log in... I also am not able to obtain full functionality of the google home devices. 

Can you attach a screen shot of the BRS_wan_lan_conflict message? (Use the Browse button in the lower left, not the "Photos" icon.)

Orbi creates a private IP subnet on the LAN side of the router.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network 

Orbi's first choice is 192.168.1.x.  Some ISP combination modems create a private IP subnet of 192.168.1.x, which forces Orbi to pick a different subnet.  There are literally hundreds to choose from, but the typical behavior is to pick 10.0.0.x and the Orbi shows a message explaining the conflict.  This also indicates that there are now two routers, what is often called a Double NAT situation.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT   (This is not fatal.  As an experiment, I once created a Triple NAT and found the computers can still do email, surf the web, stream videos, etc. through three routers.)

It would be useful to know if any IP addresses had previously been reserved for specific devices on the Advanced Tab, LAN setup page.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7