Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BT modem, sky fibre, orbi and Plex

Cazman4
Aspirant

BT modem, sky fibre, orbi and Plex

Hi (UK user)

I can’t access my Plex server since moving to Orbi server through SKY. I understand I can’t put SKY Hub in bridge mode so I’m toying with the idea of purchasing a BT modem via eBay. If I do this how easy is the set up or is it a simple plug and play type thing?

I had previously used Airport express and had no issues accessing plex but as orbi is a router I assume that’s why I’m having issues.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: BT modem, sky fibre, orbi and Plex

You can also set Orbi in AP mode, if router functionality is provided by your ISP router and you're happy with the provided routing features.

Namnlöst.png

Message 2 of 6
Cazman4
Aspirant

Then you can’t use a lot of the features and it still didn’t work either when trying to access outside of network.

thanks

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Try Option #2...

@Cazman4 wrote:

Hi (UK user)

I can’t access my Plex server since moving to Orbi server through SKY. I understand I can’t put SKY Hub in bridge mode so I’m toying with the idea of purchasing a BT modem via eBay. If I do this how easy is the set up or is it a simple plug and play type thing?

I had previously used Airport express and had no issues accessing plex but as orbi is a router I assume that’s why I’m having issues.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 6
Cazman4
Aspirant

I’ll give option 2 a go. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be good. 

Please attached any pictures as attached files as it takes a bit longer for embedded pictures to get approved by forum moderators. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7