Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BUG: Cannot edit "Internet" VLAN settings (e.g. Priority, VLAN ID)

toblerpwn
Aspirant

BUG: Cannot edit "Internet" VLAN settings (e.g. Priority, VLAN ID)

Router Firmware Version
V2.0.0.74

Steps to reproduce:

1) Sign in to orbilogin.com (or whatever method)

2) Click the "Advanced" tab

3) Expand the "Advanced Setup" section in the left list, then scroll down within the list until you see "VLAN/Bridge Settings". Click "VLAN/Bridge Settings".

4) Click "Enable VLAN/Bridge group" and then "By VLAN tag group".

5) Highlight the existing/default "Internet" VLAN tag group and click "EDIT"

6) Change the VLAN ID (e.g. to 201, as I need to do for CenturyLink Fiber internet).

7) Click "APPLY"

Expected results: VLAN tag group page is shown with the new settings specified above.

Actual results: VLAN tag group page is shown with old settings; any changes are not respected/retained/saved. Using the exact steps above, the entire VLAN settings are disabled / not enabled. If you already have VLAN settings enabled, then the "Internet" group will simply remain in VLAN ID 10 -either way, it is uneditable.

Looking for Netgear help here, as this seems to be a bug in their firmware or router settings. Also very interested if others can reproduce, or whether this is just my device.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
freeformz
Guide

Re: BUG: Cannot edit "Internet" VLAN settings (e.g. Priority, VLAN ID)

This is now fixed in 2.1.1.12 (See: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Announcing-availability-of-OrbiOS-2-1/m-p/1447612#M16893). I was able to set the VLAN ID to 201 on the "Internet" vlan and have removed the century link "modem" from the mix.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
toflo
Tutor

I have the exact same problem. It would really be nice if Netgear would fix this soon.

Message 2 of 10
AllVeng
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. It would really be nice if Netgear would fix this soon.

Message 3 of 10
freeformz
Guide

Same issue here. Really frustrating because I have to use Centurylink's silly "modem" until this is fixed.

Message 4 of 10
freeformz
Guide

My (hopefully) temporary workaround was to put the Zyxel into Transparent Bridge Mode, which adds the VLAN ID 201 to the ethernet frames. I basically followed this article: https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/215467728-How-do-I-use-a-different-router-with-my-DSL..., just transalated the settings into Orbi settings.

Message 5 of 10
freeformz
Guide

This is now fixed in 2.1.1.12 (See: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Announcing-availability-of-OrbiOS-2-1/m-p/1447612#M16893). I was able to set the VLAN ID to 201 on the "Internet" vlan and have removed the century link "modem" from the mix.

Message 6 of 10
toflo
Tutor

YES! It works!

I was able to set my VLAN to 101, AP-mode changed to Router-mode and it works perfectly.

Next thing I have to do is to connect an ethernet cable to the satellite, because the connection i "poor". What a great firmwareupdate! 🙂

But the GUI in the VLAN/Bridge settings is pretty non-intuitive. Why do I have to choose between VLAN and Bridge every time I enter the menu?

Message 7 of 10
freeformz
Guide

FWIW: That doesn't happen for me. I did have to first enable it, choose "by vlan tag group" and then click the top "Apply", but whenever I go to the top page I don't have to make any selections.

Message 8 of 10
freeformz
Guide

FWIW: That doesn't happen for me. I did have to first enable it, choose "by vlan tag group" and then click the top "Apply", but whenever I go to the top page I don't have to make any selections.

Message 9 of 10
toblerpwn
Aspirant

FWIW, I had to set & re-set this setting multiple times, and also disconnect & reconnect from my Orbi router - BUT, with persistence, it did finally work. 🙂

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7