Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Back to the nightmare again on latest firmware

mastervisa30
Luminary

Back to the nightmare again on latest firmware

Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 didnt work for me,i have droops out all the time on my 2 satellites,

poor signal and not connected all the time,my kids and wife are going mad on me.have tried reset and asked people on this forum for help but still have the same problem.

But i was going back to firmware version 2.2.1.210 and now its working again.

Iv been using orbi a wile now and the firmwares is a nightmare sometimes.

I called my store i can send it back if i want?but i dont know?

Maybe i should go for aimesh asus?ore wait for the new wifi 6 ax orbi/asus

this is startimg to be a nightmare,have been working long time now and suddenly droops out on the new firmare.

I like to test but not my wife and kids:)

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mastervisa30
Luminary

I like orbi,but if im using older firmware now,does it auto uppdate by its self now?

I heard netgear have turn of auto in the system on latest firmware.

Im gonna try older firmware now and se if its auto uppdates its self now?

if we can use older firmware when other is buggy,then its gonna work 🙂

orbi is working great good speed when its working.

using firmware version 2.2.1.210 and no dropps out and all good so far.

Tried laetest one more time and droops out was starting.

So now im gonna try stay on firmware version 2.2.1.210 and hope it doesnt auto uppdates by its self.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10

All Replies
thombe
Apprentice

@mastervisa30 wrote:

Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 didnt work for me,i have droops out all the time on my 2 satellites,

poor signal and not connected all the time,my kids and wife are going mad on me.have tried reset and asked people on this forum for help but still have the same problem.

But i was going back to firmware version 2.2.1.210 and now its working again.

Iv been using orbi a wile now and the firmwares is a nightmare sometimes.

I called my store i can send it back if i want?but i dont know?

Maybe i should go for aimesh asus?ore wait for the new wifi 6 ax orbi/asus

this is startimg to be a nightmare,have been working long time now and suddenly droops out on the new firmare.

I like to test but not my wife and kids:)

I too found the signal dropped significantly and I did also have some drop outs.

Initially I found the guest network appeared even though it wasn't enabled, but disappeared eventually after i enabled and re-disabled it.

with regards to Asus I have and use a DSL-AC68U as my router and have orbi in AP mode. I also have two RT-AC68U's which i tried setting up in aimesh. I had some small issues, it seemed to make the router more unreliable i think maybe the extra work load was just a bit too much especially as these are quite old now for routers.

Another issue is these asus aimesh routers are not very pretty and very un-wife-friendly, the orbi at least is a little more palatable.

So after a while a re-instated the orbi as i don't really like wasting a few hundred pounds on kit not to use it. I also thought by now there must be a much more stable firmware, which to be honest there was. 

For me the previous firmware 2.2.1.210 has been a good one.

Coverage has been good and solid. I use ch6 and ch44 so that things like sonos work and my wifi cameras etc.

I must admit i did um and ahh about doing the manual update to this .32 firmware and i do think maybe i shouldn't have.

I have thought about going back to my previous version as the wifi coverage is so poor now and it has started to drop connections again.

However I believe in going forward rather than back, so I am going to sit this out a little and see what others find. If there is no further update then I may well roll back a little step and wait again. At least I would have something that works for me.

Just my two pence worth here.

Best of luck. Ben

Message 2 of 10
mastervisa30
Luminary

I like orbi,but if im using older firmware now,does it auto uppdate by its self now?

So now im gonna try stay on firmware version 2.2.1.210 and hope it doesnt auto uppdates by its self.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset the Orbi system and setup from scratch after loading v32? Try this next time when you upgrade. This clears out possible problems after upgrading FW. Others are reporting good operation after ugprading to v32 and doing a factory reset and setup from scratch.

@mastervisa30 wrote:

Message 4 of 10
mastervisa30
Luminary

sorry late answer,i always do factory reset,and new setup everytime i install new firmware its standard for me

:)im still on firmware version 2.2.1.210  no dropps out on my satellites

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try a manual load of v28 again at some point. Good Luck.

@mastervisa30 wrote:

sorry late answer,i always do factory reset,and new setup everytime i install new firmware its standard for me

:)im still on firmware version 2.2.1.210  no dropps out on my satellites

Message 6 of 10
djkac
Tutor

You shouldn't have to do a factory reset and setup from scratch every time. That's a huge pain in the arse!!

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

We know however it helps resolve some issue seen after doing a autoupdate and problems arise. 

Users are reminded to also do a back up of the configuration to file so when a factory reset is needed, they can save time by loading the config from file. It's best to save off a new config to file after updating FW and after a reset and setup from scratch is performmed. Keep the configuration files with in each FW version. Some backups may not work well from older FW versions. 

@djkac wrote:

You shouldn't have to do a factory reset and setup from scratch every time. That's a huge pain in the arse!!

Message 8 of 10
PapaMike
Star

I've never had to do a factory reset after FW updates.

Last night, the .44 auto-updated and my system is performing BETTER than ever. According to the history on Orbi app, performance has increased a bit.

I've never had issues with router or satellites.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad v44 is working well for you. Some don't and some do need a reset.

Reminder to do a Backup of the configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Enjoy. 

@PapaMike wrote:

I've never had to do a factory reset after FW updates.

Last night, the .44 auto-updated and my system is performing BETTER than ever. According to the history on Orbi app, performance has increased a bit.

I've never had issues with router or satellites.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7