Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backhaul Broke?

johnny5126
Aspirant

Backhaul Broke?

Ever since updating from 2.3.1.44 to 2.3.1.60, my ethernet backhaul no longer connects.  It only shows 5G backhaul.  This happen to anyone else?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Backhaul Broke?

If it shows 5G then it's working. Unless your RBS is wired? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the system? 

Message 2 of 8
johnny5126
Aspirant

I have one RBR50 connected in the WAN port going to a switch, and a cable going from the switch to a port on the RBS50. Looking at the connected devices in the past showed wired, but now it shows 5g.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration.

This is ethernet back haul.

Is Daisy Chain enabled? It should be disabled when ethernet connected between RBR and RBS. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 8
johnny5126
Aspirant

The switch is a netgear jpe16. I have another RBS40 connected wireless ly so don't I need daisy chain enabled? My RBR50 is in AP mode.
Message 5 of 8
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@johnny5126 wrote:
I have one RBR50 connected in the WAN port going to a switch, and a cable going from the switch to a port on the RBS50. Looking at the connected devices in the past showed wired, but now it shows 5g.

That seems to be the culprit.  The cable should be connected from RBR50 LAN port to the switch.  Then RBS50 WAN port should be connected to the (same) switch.

Take a look at this link.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Daisy Chain needs should be disabled. 

Ethernet with a switch configuration look similar to this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Please confirm the model # of the NG switch? JPE16 doesn't pull up.

Message 7 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

I have RBR50 and three RBR50s... Two RBS50s are hard wired and one is 5G.... Upgrade to firmware V2.3.1.60 and all is working perfectly.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7