Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backhaul at 2.4 = low bandwidth

Dooky
Aspirant

Re: Backhaul at 2.4 = low bandwidth

Thank you !

Message 26 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what you find out...

Message 27 of 32
Dooky
Aspirant

Just FYI, tonight again, aroun 7:50 PM less than 5 minutes drop off

phytxrate :130

phytxrate : 58

Bandwidth around 5 to 10 Mbps....

3 mn later 420 Mbps

phytxrate : 1170

phytxrate : 1170

I dont realy think its a hardware problem... What do you think ?

FYI I'm in a concrete building 9 floors at least 5 appartements on each floors, Probably a box for each appartement and an 4g Antenna at around 50m from my appartement on the roof in the building in front of me... In a very dense city....21k people / km2

Message 28 of 32
CrimpOn
Guru

@Dooky wrote:

OK thank you. Does it mean you can have this kind of drop off even wired ?

Just to be clear.  Connecting a satellite with ethernet changes the backhaul connection to the gigabit ethernet path, which will result in the fastest connection possible.  Ethernet is inherently "full duplex" and does not lose capacity to WiFi overhead.

It is true that the Orbi does not turn off the WiFi radio (which a number of people have desperately wanted it to do).  That allows the Orbi to switch back to WiFi backhaul if the ethernet connection disappears.  It does not matter which of the WiFi backhaul connections is active (fast 5G or horribly slow 2.4G) because the ethernet backhaul is the one that will be used.

People living in appartments have a lot less flexibility in running ethernet cables here and there.  If you are able to connect the router and satellite over ethernet, that is the best thing you can do.

Message 29 of 32
Dooky
Aspirant

No no sorry, I didn't wired it. I just try to check when it happens and how long (I refresh the satellite info in Telnet command every 3 - 5 mn). Usually it's happen around 6pm. And today at 7 pm. It happens just like that !... That's why I think it's more a problem with the neighborhood.

@CrimpOn 

Message 30 of 32
Dooky
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

@CrimpOn 

I think I ve been able to recorded log when I lost 5 Ghz Backhaul and when my orbi stick on 2.4 Ghz. What is the name of the file you want ?

I'd really like to know if I have a faulty hardware or it's my home.

I have log read or debug_here etc. I join log read. If you want some more, can you tell me ?

Thank you.

Message 31 of 32
Dooky
Aspirant

And the end, when it comes back I have :

Fri Jan 8 12:45:09 2021 user.debug repacd.wifimon: All backhaul connected

@FURRYe38 

@CrimpOn 

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats