Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backhaul status orbi on RBK 50 system

Allochthon
Follower

Backhaul status orbi on RBK 50 system

I have an RBR50 router and satellite. I've installed the router as an access point, and the satellite is connected wirelessly. Firmware versions are 2.1.4.10 on both units.

I’m confused by the satellite status, and by its backhaul status.

Basic info displays zero satellites connected, although “Attached Devices” shows the satellite, but has no information for IP address, connection type or connected orbi.

However, the list of other attached devices  shows several devices—phones, printers, laptop, VOIP phone--that are wired and wireless connected to the satellite that are functioning just fine.

Also, the backhaul status of the satellite in the list displays as “disconnected,” yet router status statistics shows TX and RX WLAN backhaul traffic.

Can you help me make sense off all this status information? It seems contradictory.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
tsig
Luminary

Re: Backhaul status orbi on RBK 50 system

If those devices connected to the satellite are working, then it must be a bug in the Orbi app.  I have devices that do not show up in the app but work just fine.  Perhaps a reboot of the router/satellite?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7