Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backhaul wireless network

ekhalil
Master

Backhaul wireless network

Orbi is Tri-Band system. 3 bands are used: 2.4 Ghz band and two 5 GHz bands. I thought that the second 5 GHz band is used for the backhaul network.

Looking into the attached devices in orbilogin I see that the MAC addresses of the 2.4 GHz interfaces of the satellites are shown (connecting the satellites to the router) which I interpret as the 2.4 GHz network is used for the backhault network which is a bit wierd since this is a slower network and has less throughput.

Anybody has better knowledge about this?

Thank you

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Backhaul wireless network

The 5Ghz back haul radio information is hidden and is the wireless backhaul.

Message 2 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Thanks,

This is what I also think, but every nodes has 3 MAC addresses, why is the MAC address of the 2.4 GHz interface is shown as the backhaul interface between the nodes under <attached devices>?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure. maybe a cache or mis-naming problem in the UI. Others have reporting seeing the satellites in the connected clients list before rather than in the connected satellites list.

Seen in different browsers?

Might try a reset on the router and set up from scratch...Re-add the satellite and check...

Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Do you mean that you don't see the same behaviour? Which of the 3 MAC addresses do you see in your connected satellites?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Just one satellite, however it's wired back haul.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7