Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bad connection near satellite

florini
Aspirant

Bad connection near satellite

Hi,

I bought my devices about a year ago. I have  the RBS50  satellite installed 2  plaster walls away from the RBR50 router, about 10 meters. Everything went fine until a couple of months ago. Devices near the satellite  started having very poor bandwidth or no connection altogether.

I made tests with speedtest.net. Near the router (office) I was getting 400 Mbps, near the satelite (bedroom 1) 25 Mbps or failed connection.

I turned on my modem's Wifi (so, no Orbi) and did the tests again.  In the office I was getting 400 Mbps, in the bedroom I was getting 300 Mbps!

Sometimes (rarely) the satellite works just fine. The lights indicate good connection.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Florin

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Bad connection near satellite

What firmware version are you on? do you have beamforming and mumimo enabled? have you tried to adjust the wireless channels on your router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
florini
Aspirant

Hi!,thanks for the reply! 

I am on  V2.1.1.16.

I have MU-MIMO and BEAMFORMING enabled.

I did not experiment with the channels, I can try that.

Florin

Message 3 of 4
florini
Aspirant

... on the other hand, is there a way to diagnose what exactly is wrong with the connection?

Is there a great way to extend the range of my WiFi, using other types of devices?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7