Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bandwidth monitoring by device

Mestegall
Star

Bandwidth monitoring by device

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone has found out how to organize and/or prioritize bandwith by device for the ORBI system? I have found a way to enable QoS, but have not found a way to set the priority of which device(s) receive(s) the signal in a specific order. I'm having trouble keeping the wifi signal on my CPI camera connected. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9
st_shaw
Master

Quality of Service router settings won't help your WiFi signal.  Can you move one of the Orbi units closer to the camera, or move the camera closer to the Orbis?

Message 2 of 9
Mestegall
Star

I have relocated it already so that it is literally 10' from the orbi satellite device. It's basically as close as I can get it. 

Message 3 of 9
st_shaw
Master

Are you sure the camera is connecting to the closest Orbi?  You might need to reboot the camera to get it to connect to the strongest signal.

Message 4 of 9
Mestegall
Star

Thank you for your suggestion, however I've rebooted the camera multiple times to try to maintain the signal.

Message 5 of 9
st_shaw
Master

Distance isn't necessarily what matters--it's what's between the camera and Orbi.  You haven't described that. If there's a stone wall, metal siding, cinderblock, etc. in between, it would block the signal.  You might need to move the camera so it has clear line of sight to the Orbi, maybe through a window.

If there's nothing between the Orbi and camera, then maybe there's an issue with the camera.

Message 6 of 9
Mestegall
Star

Nothing in between the two devices. The camera consistently worked without fail using our previous Netgear router.

Message 7 of 9

@Mestegall wrote:

I have relocated it already so that it is literally 10' from the orbi satellite device. It's basically as close as I can get it. 

as suggested it may be only 10 feet from the orbi but whats in its way in those 10 feet

Message 8 of 9
Mestegall
Star

Thanks - but there is nothing between the orbi and the camera - they are in direct line without any obstructions and ~10 ft. apart.

Thanks however, for all the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7