Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bandwidth monitoring for Orbi

Plippard
Follower

Bandwidth monitoring for Orbi

Does the Orbi offer bandwidth tracing by device ? With over 30 IoT devices I need to manage bandwidth usage at the device level.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bandwidth monitoring for Orbi

Orbi only offers total overall bandwidth usage. Nothing by per device usage.

@Plippard wrote:
Does the Orbi offer bandwidth tracing by device ? With over 30 IoT devices I need to manage bandwidth usage at the device level.

Message 2 of 7
j42k
Tutor

The question is Why does Netgear not offer it per device?  It should be a simple add, is very beneficial in troubleshooting things, especially in this era of bandwidth caps by the ISPs.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Bandwidth-monitoring-by-device/idc-p/1640350...

@j42k wrote:

The question is Why does Netgear not offer it per device?  It should be a simple add, is very beneficial in troubleshooting things, especially in this era of bandwidth caps by the ISPs.

Message 4 of 7
douglasw
Guide

I have this same problem - as many others have reported as well. When will this be addressed? If you can display the "total", why can you not show ANY detail that adds up to those totals? Daily? fine. daily by Device, even better!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 7
douglasw
Guide

cound not agree more - not just for bill payers to know they're actually using what their ISP says they are, but for parents who need to see/manage/control the data being used by each of their kids -- or from saavy homewoners to know that Alexa might be using a bit too much data to justify the benefit. Can't report bugs to Amazon if I can't show them their Alexa data consumption stats...like the ambient sounds you can play/loop. Are these files downloaded and looped over and over, or downloaded each time? No way for me to know since Orbi doesn't detail out usage!!

Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@douglasw wrote:

.................. but for parents who need to see/manage/control the data being used by each of their kids -- ...........

Circle with Disney provides you with this information, probably not with associated amount of data.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7