Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Basic ParentAl Controls not working

NightHawkFan
Aspirant

Basic ParentAl Controls not working

Have been using Basic Parental Controls with Open DNS for years with no problem with numerous netgear routers, new Orbi router also working fine since purchase Nov 2018, but for last few weeks haves to turn it off since I could not get on the internet when it’s on? On PC error message DNS Server not responding?? Did a hard reset of router and worked for a few weeks with parental controls on than just suddenly stopped? What's going on? Have 3 kids so I really need this to work? Greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks to all.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: Basic ParentAl Controls not working

- Do you use the OpenDNS Parental COntrol to block sites and services or do you also use time controlled access?

- Any reason why not using Circle? It works well with the basic free subscribtion to block sites and services per user.

Message 2 of 5
NightHawkFan
Aspirant

Yes I have tried Circle - it block T-Mobile WiFi calling even when VPN is allowed. I tried it last year and even spoke extensively with Netgear support and Circle support without any success.

I just tried Circle again earlier this week since Basic Parental Controls was not working, but same result - WiFi Calling gets blocked! I have poor cell coverage at home (regardless of carrier) so I have to have WiFi Calling. 

Thanks for your reply.

Anyone else having problems with Basic Parental Controls?

Thanks to all in advance.

Message 3 of 5
NightHawkFan
Aspirant

I had opened a case previously with Netgear Support, but they could not resolve the issue but were working on it as per below copy of their last reply to me:

Case #40601163

NETGEAR Support

2018-12-06 07:05:38
Hi, Dan, We received feedback on your case. After thorough analysis, engineering confirmed that issue cannot be fixed in short term and will take a lot more time. Also Circle's team are providing feedback that is not very timely which contributes to the delay. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Given the time frame in getting into the resolution of this case, we would like to know if you are still willing to continue working on this case with us. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation. Regards, Ed Expert ID: 46414

Perhaps if someone from Netgear is reading this they can advise me and others with T-Mobile on whether there is a fix to this issue yet??
Thanks to all.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG thru that case# and keep in contact with them. Thats the only place things will happend and can be worked on. Theres nothing here in forums that can help. IF NG is ware of it then you'll need to work with them and maintain contact there. If the case closed, reopen one. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7