Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best Orbi Package to Purchase

DGH992
Aspirant

Best Orbi Package to Purchase

Newbie question, sorry if it is too basic. We are thinking of switching from our current wifi to the Orbi mesh system but we don't know which is the best system to purchase. I have a Fiber connection provided by our local service provider.  Currently the fiber connection (via a grey box inside the house, sorry, don't know the technical name) is in the form of an ethernet cable that plugs into an Apple Airport device, which we will be removing. Is the RBK40 system the best option, or do I need the CBK40 (built-in cable modem)? Can I plug that ethernet cable directly into the RBK40 base unit and add additional satelite units as needed? Thanks in advance for any help.   

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?This will kind of help you deside whats needed. Large sized home, you may need a 50 series with two satellites, average or smaller sized home, maybe just 1 additional satellite.

If you already have a ISP service which is Fiber, then you'll need a RBK sysetm, NOT the CBK system. Thats for a Cable ISP system and for users on those cable ISP servcies who wish to replace the ISP modem with the CBK system which has a built in cable modem included in the Orbi Mesh system. You need a RBK system with out the cable modem...

Message 2 of 4
DGH992
Aspirant

Thanks FURRYe38 for your reply. The footprint of the house is approximately 4000 SF, with two levels. I'm thinking that the RBK40 with two satelites would work? 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, would work fine. Placement will be key as well. Also 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7