Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best orbi settings/Advanced settings as of 2019?

CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Best orbi settings/Advanced settings as of 2019?

@dbandit wrote:

Could you please explain me why disable it??

People may be able to give a better response if you explain what "it" refers to.  I like to space down (to create some space), go back and click on Quote (above right), and then delete what it not relevant.  There has not been any activity on this thread since May, so it is not entirely obvious which previous comment you are referring to.

Message 26 of 28
dbandit
Aspirant

My bad, i was referring to Daisy-Chain feature.

Message 27 of 28
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi comes from the factory with the Daisy Chain feature turned on, even when the package includes a router and only one satellite.  Thousands of customers purchase it this way, and it seems to work for them (I did, and it does.)

However, activating Daisy Chain also turns on a separate 5G backhaul channel, which is of no use when there is only one satellite.  And, if there happen to be more than one satellite and they are not actually "chained", then it is still a waste.  Many customers have "wired" their satellites to the router (lucky sods, having WIRE IN THE WALLS!)  Daisy Chain makes no sense for them, either.

So, if there is no practical value in having Daisy Chain enabled, by all means turn it off.  Just remember what you did in case you later purchase another satellite and it will be so far from the router that it needs Daisy Chain.  If the feature is needed and is turned off, then that satellite won't work well.

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7