Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Beta firmware testing?

Cmo1
Apprentice

Beta firmware testing?

Does anyone know how to sign up for beta testing for firmware?  I would be interested in beta testing future orbi firmware releases. I currently have an rbr50 and rbs50. Also, it would be useful for future to add a rule or checkbox in the interface that makes the 5ghz band the default band always and then if the device will not connect there it can switch to 2.4ghz. I'm having a lot of issues in my home with my devices picking up 2.4 when I know they can connect via 5ghz. Maybe someone for Netgear will see this.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 5
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: Beta firmware testing?

Go to:

https://www.beta.netgear.com/welcome/  and create an account and fill out your profile.

Not a guarantee that you will be selected, but that is the way I did it and have been selected for several betas over the past couple of years.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

They don't do FW beta testing there. Thats a new product beta testing site.

Any Orbi FW betas are posted here in the Orbi forum at the top of the list.

Message 3 of 5
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

They don't do FW beta testing there. Thats a new product beta testing site.

Any Orbi FW betas are posted here in the Orbi forum at the top of the list.

While they do post some of the beta firmware on this forum, they also test major firmware releases as well as new products on the NG Beta test site.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Usually for new products however few and far between. Only seen one beta FW test come thru for the R7000. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7