Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Black Ops 4 PS4 Nat help

shsabres
Aspirant

Black Ops 4 PS4 Nat help

I just got my Orbi and hooked it up. I am a console gamer (PS4) and had NO ISSUES with my nat type until I got the orbi today. 

Now my nat type is MODERATE.

I went online for the past THREE HOURS and can't seem to get anywhere. 

I get the error from PS4 of "The game tried to use UDP port 3074 to open the required port for an open NAT in-game".

So I then logged into my router via "routerlogin.net" and clicked advanced; advanced setup; port forwarding / port triggering and set the port forwards for the game in question (Black Ops 4 PS4) EXACTLY as it says to do so and still no luck. I then deleted ALL the ports that I inputed and added JUST the 3074; still no luck; I then attempted to set up a DMZ for the PS4 only; still no dice. Tried calling support; told 24-48 hours to help. Any assistance is helpful because I am at my end of the rope with the system and may just send it back. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Black Ops 4 PS4 Nat help

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

uPnP is only needed for any game console. You don't need Port Forwarding configurations. 

Also NAT Type 2 will be what the PS console will get behind any router connected to a modem only service. 

NAT Type 1 is the PS console connected directly to the stand alone modem. 

Message 2 of 4
shsabres
Aspirant

What FW is currently loaded?

v2.1.4.16_1.0.0.11

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 Wireless Wi-Fi Router FiOS-G1100 Dual Band

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, your ISP Modem has a built in router already so this will be a cause of being in a double NAT condition. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7