Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought RBK50 and RBS50v2 but extremely poor performance from Satellite.Months spent and case closed!

Vivek12
Follower

Bought RBK50 and RBS50v2 but extremely poor performance from Satellite.Months spent and case closed!

Hi, Bought RBK50 and Satellite RBS50 for my 1000 sq feet apartment, from the time of installation the satellite never delivered good performance. Opened a case with Netgear which was so painful, everytime once raises they expect customer to call and stay in queue. 

Anyway version of firmware was upgarded but still no luck.

Too much logs are asked which I had supplied now, what I want is a fix to the issue.

Absolutely frustrated with Netgear post sales who dont care much and seems works in a model where they dont even sale directly.

In HK no office, no contact points leaving customer to suffer.

Why was the case even closed when you cannot refund for the poor performing router? Why there is no contact point?

Anyone faced same situation? At this moment I raised another case to get the previous one reopened but got a auto reply(which you can never reply as they dont even have email support) stating I need to call back.

Anyone here in Hong Kong who can tell me their official address in this country which I need to file for cunsumer forum complaint.

Solution not given and refund refused!!!!!

thanks

Vivek

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bought RBK50 and RBS50v2 but extremely poor performance from Satellite.Months spent and case clo

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

If your home is 1000sq ft, then the RBS may not be needed. Turn OFF the RBS and set the RBR alone. 
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Bought RBK50 and RBS50v2 but extremely poor performance from Satellite.Months spent and case clo

@Vivek12 wrote:

Hi, Bought RBK50 and Satellite RBS50 for my 1000 sq feet apartment, from the time of installation the satellite never delivered good performance. Opened a case with Netgear which was so painful, everytime once raises they expect customer to call and stay in queue. 

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?

The RBK50 may be too powerful for your 1000 Sq ft apartment. An RBK20 would be better, as you may be experiencing the router and satellite are too close to each other.

Try just running the RBR50 router with these settings:

Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Enable WMM, Implicit BeamForming, Mu-MIMO
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7