Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought a used ORBI RB50 and Netgear wont answer my request to have it registered

Greyoso
Aspirant

Bought a used ORBI RB50 and Netgear wont answer my request to have it registered

Hi everyone,

I need your help with what to do since Netgear wont answer my emails about registering a product. I bought a RB50-set via marketplace and was able to register the satellite but not the router. I wont use the router without actually having total control of it. Emailed Netgear support without getting an answer. Is this really how its supposed to be, that you can't buy used stuff anymore?

I'll paste the email I sent them as well:

"I need help with registering a ORBI router RB50 which I bought used. I bought one router and one satellite and when I connected them I realized that the previous owner had registered the router but not the satellite. I managed to register the satellite but I need your help to register the router since I want to be able to connect to the router remotely,

I'll attach photos of the two devices. If you check my devices you'll see that I managed to register the satellite a few minutes ago. But not the router.

Serial numbers

Router:   4RTXXXXXX
Satelitte: 4RPXXXXXX

I've also added the conversation between me and the previous owner when he sent the two products. Unfortunately the conversation is in swedish, but I hope you can understand my dilemma since I see the products as unusable if I can't get it registered in my name :(.

Appreciate your help.
"

Does anyone have any suggestions? Seems like an awesome system and I really want to be able to use them...
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bought a used ORBI RB50 and Netgear wont answer my request to have it registered

Please make contact with a forum Moderator:

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 3
Greyoso
Aspirant

Re: Bought a used ORBI RB50 and Netgear wont answer my request to have it registered

Thank you Furry,
@Blanca_O I hope you can help me?

I've read threads where people have had success, I just don't know how to go about it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7