Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought "new" Rbk50 router kit from Netgear directly and they said I do not have support - too old

Streeter
Follower

Bought "new" Rbk50 router kit from Netgear directly and they said I do not have support - too old

What a joke that got played on me and others. Bought a "new" product from the netgear site. Got it a few days ago. First thing it does is ask to update the firmware. Did that and it bricks the router. After many hours of research you can't upgrade the 2017 firmware it came shipped with to the new one it automatically tried to load to it. So I opened a case and they couldn't believe the router I just bought came from them and said it doesn't have support. They asked me to email in receipts which I did. They closed the case and it now says the only option for support is to ask the community here. What a farse. I swear if they don't pay for the return shipping and get this resolved. You can't sell a new product that bricks itself and then stick the customer with that. There is no way to factory reset it since the firmware is corrupt and it just flashes red. I can't get to the modem on the network since it is now broken to put the correct firmware on it. Here is the link I used to buy it from them directly - www.netgear.com/orbi/RBK52W.aspx  

Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Bought "new" Rbk50 router kit from Netgear directly and they said I do not have support - too...

Hi @Streeter

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We'd like to help with getting your case on track. Please send us a private message with your case number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7