Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bricks and Concrete- Brazilian Construction

andrecs
Aspirant

Bricks and Concrete- Brazilian Construction

Does anyone has experience with the ORBIS with 2 units in a 160 m2 one store construction out of brick and concrete (a typical Brazilian apartment unit)?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
mokolabs
Tutor

I think Orbi will work fine for you. Orbi has incredible range and it can get a good signal through thick walls.

Our apartment has a large cinder block wall that separates our main living space from our office. Other wifi routers struggled to get a good signal to our office, but Orbi works great.

Message 2 of 6
andrecs
Aspirant

Many thanks!

Message 3 of 6
andrecs
Aspirant

I currently have a NETGEAR R6300 as my wifi hub.  At the hub surroundings my 5g wifi gets -27 to -33dB.  Since I have a concrete wall between this room and the office, the 5g wifi signal at the computer location in the office drops to -79dB.

Can NETGEAR tell me how if will perform with ORBI?  Will the computer in the office be able to connect to the ORBI router via 5g wifi if I set it at the same position my R6300 is currently?

Many thanks.

Andre

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Andrecs

I can not tell you for sure if it would be better any wifi singal has a hard time with solid concrete walls.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
andrecs
Aspirant

Thanks, Darren!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation