Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bug: After reserving an IP address for printer, it fails subsequent printer reconnection

Crumbs
Aspirant

Bug: After reserving an IP address for printer, it fails subsequent printer reconnection

My Epson WF545 printer is connected via wifi to the Orbi router(RBR40). I reserved an IP address(192.168.1.4) for the printer since my computers will have a problem finding it if the router changes the IP address later on after the initial printer setup.  Now, if I  reset the printer and try to reestablish the wifi connection it will fail to connect to the router.  My printer says wrong password.  If I delete the address reservation setting the printer has no problem reestablishing a wifi connection. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Bug: After reserving an IP address for printer, it fails subsequent printer reconnection

@Crumbs wrote:

My Epson WF545 printer is connected via wifi to the Orbi router(RBR40). I reserved an IP address(192.168.1.4) for the printer since my computers will have a problem finding it if the router changes the IP address later on after the initial printer setup.  Now, if I  reset the printer and try to reestablish the wifi connection it will fail to connect to the router.  My printer says wrong password.  If I delete the address reservation setting the printer has no problem reestablishing a wifi connection. 

My printer is set up exactly that way, with an address reservation in the Advanced Tab, LAN Setup page.  Is 192.168.1.4 part of the DHCP "pool" defined on the LAN Setup page?  I may be confused, but my memory is that "assigned" IP addresses should not be part of the "pool".

Another solution would be to set up the printer with a "static IP" on the printer itself.

Truly a mystery.  Being in the IP assignment table should have no affect on the password being correct (or not).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7