Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Built In Speed test

bd81
Tutor

Built In Speed test

Just curious here. I mean this is not a big deal for me at all I but want to know if I am the only one with this problem. I have no major problems with my Orbi system. I have 1 Gigabit service with Mediacom and I know my speed is OK because I can test it with my hardwired laptop. The Android Orbi app built in Ookla speed test will test around 300 Mbit and that's fine for WiFi (Galaxy S8) but it will cause my router to reboot after the test has been done. Every single time. Of course I don't need to use the speed test so it is not a  big deal for me but I found it a bit strange. Thanks.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Built In Speed test

If your using a 1Gb ISP service, you need to factory reset the router and set up from scratch, then do not use the built in speedtest app, traffic metter or access controls. As these will reduce the speed of your 1Gb service and disables the HW accelleration needed for your 1Gb service.

Message 2 of 5
mith_it
Luminary

I think his problem is that the router resets.
Message 3 of 5
ogni65
Luminary

The test is used for QOS Settings and limits the avialable bandwith to the messured speed but why the router reboots i don’t know.
The QOS System is anyway a bit strange as it does just show the Speedtest and the rest is hidden.
Message 4 of 5
bd81
Tutor

Actually the latest firmware update resolved the reboot issue. I'm not worried about the actual results. I am a cable service tech and I have verified that I am getting my provisioned speed. Thank you all for your replies.

PS I hope Netgear will tweak the test so it only tests the router unit hardwired through the modem and increase the download time so 1 Gbit customers can properly test their service.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7