Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Buying Advice Please

Breadmaker
Follower

Buying Advice Please

Hi all, firstly apologies if this question has been answered before. I did have a quick search and couldn't find out a definitive answer. 

Scenario - 4 bedroom/two storey UK Brick built house. With 4 kids and a whole host of gaming, wifi/internet/ required devices!! Sonos wireless music setup. BT Broadband with about 60MBPS download.

So, after a number of issues with the BT Whole Home WiFi 3 Disc Mesh system, i have today arranged for it to be returned to Amazon UK.

Researching for a replacement the Orbi system looks like it will do a much better job for me. So, my question is this. With me needing a good stable wifi setup (that will make the most of the speed i get), that will cover the house and about 10metres into my garden, for the rare sunny days sitting by the bbq.

Do you advise that I buy the RBK50 two unit AC3000 setup. Or am i better off with a 3 unit AC2200 pack, such as the RBK23/RBK43 (Incidently, is there a difference in these two packs?). 

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the square feet of your home?

I have a 5000sq ft home with the 40 series system with just 1 satellite, 40 feet in between the satellite and router. Has great coverage range and performance, even out side. ISP is 200/10. Have two game consoles, cameras and DISH Sat TV system.

Difference between 50 series and 40 series is wifi connection rates:

50 Series -

Combined WiFi speed 3,000 Mbps (1733 + 866 + 400Mbps)

40 Series:

Combined WiFi speed 2.2Gbps (866+866+400Mbps)

Sonos has been known to cause problems with wifi systems FYI...

I would try a 40 series system...

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements