Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40, ADDING TO RBR50

Nudnik
Follower

CBR40, ADDING TO RBR50

Existing system consists of RBR50, 1 RBS50 and a C6300 modem gateway.

I wish to upgrade modem go 1Gb. CBR40 is my first choice.

With the addition of the CBR40 to the setup, can the RBR50 be downgraded to function as a second satellite?

I'm open to options on upgrading the modem to 1Gb. The CM1000 offers 1Gb capability but is limited by only 1 ethernet port.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40, ADDING TO RBR50

No it can not. RBRs support only running host router or AP mode only.

I recommend getting the NG CM700 modem. Same model as whats in the CBR40.

Message 2 of 4
defeedme2
Aspirant

thanks for letting me know the cbr40 includes the flawed cm700 puma chipset - absolutely worst choice in modems. You saved me headaches and money since this thing is way overpriced. I'm just going to replace my arris with the cm600 and call it a day.. unbelievable netgear would put a known defective chipset into their new products.. sounds like they are in bed with intel.. not good.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The CBK40 is not flawed like the Puma 6 chipsets. Intel has already patched the CBK40 and it works well. Intel is still working on Puma 6 and has made some patches already. The CBK40 is great to use. I love mine. Heart

@defeedme2 wrote:

thanks for letting me know the cbr40 includes the flawed cm700 puma chipset - absolutely worst choice in modems. You saved me headaches and money since this thing is way overpriced. I'm just going to replace my arris with the cm600 and call it a day.. unbelievable netgear would put a known defective chipset into their new products.. sounds like they are in bed with intel.. not good.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7