Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40, RBS40 (W/ ethernet backhual), and RBS40V not working

Malex10
Follower

CBR40, RBS40 (W/ ethernet backhual), and RBS40V not working

I recently purchased a RBS40v to extend my network over wireless backhual, after setting it up my entire network has become unstable and my ethernet connected RBS20 has stopped working. The network has been stable for quite a few months without any issues before this.

After the netowrk became unstable I updated the firmware on my CBR40 to 2.5.0.8, I was also able to update the firmware on the RBS20 to 2.5.1.16. Havent been able to get a stable enough connection with the RBS40V to update its firmware, it currently is at 2.3.0.12

The RBS40V is able to answer alexa questions so its definately connected to the network.

However when accesing the setup portal via wired computer it shows my RBS20 and RBS40V as disconected.

If you go directly to the IP address for the RBS20 it shows as connected via wireless backhaul even though it is wired directly to CBR40.

If you try accessing RBS40v by its IP address it does not connect.

When you use the APP it shows both of the satelites as connected via wireless backhaul.

But if you try tappin either satelite for more information it shows no connected devices for both satelites.

Tapping on the RBS40V it says unable to connect.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40, RBS40 (W/ ethernet backhual), and RBS40V not working

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you, 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7