Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CONNECTING ORBI SATELLITE TO SMART TV

MACCAS2
Follower

CONNECTING ORBI SATELLITE TO SMART TV

HI Guys

i am have trouble connecting my satellite to my samsung smart tv i can see the orvi wifi router but when i go to connect the mac address is wrong . how can i fix it .

please.

orbi dual band mesh wifi 6 system

s/n 6cr1115pa07b8

john mac

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: CONNECTING ORBI SATELLITE TO SMART TV

@MACCAS2 wrote:

i am have trouble connecting my satellite to my samsung smart tv i can see the orbi wifi router but when i go to connect the mac address is wrong . how can i fix it .

No MAC address is involved in making a WiFi connection.  The Samsung network setup screen should display a list of available WiFi systems and allow you to select the proper system, enter the WiFi password, and connect.  Entering passwords on a lot of consumer devices can be a challenge as the designers often do not display the characters actually selected, showing 'dots' instead.

Is there a specific error message that is displayed by the tv?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do not post MAC addresses in public forums. 

WiFi devices connect to the SSID name and password that you gave to the Orbi system. 

Contact the mfr of the TV for help and support regarding there products. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@MACCAS2 wrote:

i am have trouble connecting my satellite to my samsung smart tv i can see the orbi wifi router but when i go to connect the mac address is wrong . how can i fix it .

No MAC address is involved in making a WiFi connection.  The Samsung network setup screen should display a list of available WiFi systems and allow you to select the proper system, enter the WiFi password, and connect.  Entering passwords on a lot of consumer devices can be a challenge as the designers often do not display the characters actually selected, showing 'dots' instead.

Is there a specific error message that is displayed by the tv?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7