Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CONNECTION BETWEEN THE ROUTER AND SATELLITE

T-E-R
Tutor

CONNECTION BETWEEN THE ROUTER AND SATELLITE

Is the blue light on the satellite supposed to stay on if it is connected or does it turn off.  I have moved the satellite closer and closer to the orbi router and it comes on but then goes off.  The orbi router stays lit.  I ended up putting it in the same room, just a few feet away and it does the same thing.  Is that they way that it works or do I have a defective unit?

Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 2 of 9

I'm pretty sure the blue light indicates that it's syncing settings with the main router. Once it's done syncing, the light will turn off and there should be no lights on either devices during normal operation.

Message 3 of 9
T-E-R
Tutor

RBS20

So, bottom line.  is it ok if the light pulsates blue and then goes off?

Message 4 of 9
T-E-R
Tutor

OK, understand.  So the white light should NOT stay on the router?  It is right now so there is something wrong?

Message 5 of 9

Correct. No lights means no problems.

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@T-E-R wrote:

OK, understand.  So the white light should NOT stay on the router?  It is right now so there is something wrong?

how long has it been on?  Sometimes it may take several minutes to settle down

Message 7 of 9
T-E-R
Tutor

It stayed on pretty much all day.  This morning it was still on.  How can I figure out if something and what is wrong?

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@T-E-R wrote:

It stayed on pretty much all day.  This morning it was still on.  How can I figure out if something and what is wrong?

I would unplug it and let it reset.  Not factory reset, just a simple unplug.  At the same time, unplug your modem, get that back online and then plug in the Orbi

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7