Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I bridge 2 x Orbi Routers

egan06
Tutor

Can I bridge 2 x Orbi Routers

Hi, I have an RBR40 router and satalite.  It was cheaper to buy another router with salelite (offer) instead of just the Satelite.  So both satelites are working fine off my one Orbi Router.  Can i utilise my spare router?  My current setup is ...

1 x router downstairs

1 x satelite downstairs

1 x satelite upstairs.

Is it worth me putting the other spare orbi router upstairs on the same network?  Not sure how and if this can be done?

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 6
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Can I bridge 2 x Orbi Routers

It's worth it if WiFi signal can't reach where you plan to put the additional router, but it has to be a Wired Media Bridge (AP) on the existing Orbi LAN network.

Message 2 of 6

@egan06 wrote:

Is it worth me putting the other spare orbi router upstairs on the same network? 

Add the spare satellite to the Orbi router.

If that meets your needs, and delivers wifi everywhere, keep the second Orbi router as a spare.

@egan06 wrote:

Not sure how and if this can be done?

Check the manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find the documentation, and, if there are any, firmware versions and drivers for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

@egan06 wrote:

Hi, I have an RBR40 router and satalite.  It was cheaper to buy another router with salelite (offer) instead of just the Satelite.  So both satelites are working fine off my one Orbi Router.  Can i utilise my spare router?  My current setup is ...

1 x router downstairs

1 x satelite downstairs

1 x satelite upstairs.

Is it worth me putting the other spare orbi router upstairs on the same network?  Not sure how and if this can be done?

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

Paul

Message 4 of 6
egan06
Tutor

Amazing thanks
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru