Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I force a satellite to connect to router and not another satellite

xnimrodhunterx
Aspirant

Can I force a satellite to connect to router and not another satellite

Hello all, I have an RBR20 router, 1 RBS 20 and 2 RBS40V satellites. 2 of my satellites all daisy chain off of another satellite even though I have one that is closer to the router than the satellite. Is there a way to force the satellite to connect to the router and not a satellite?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can I force a satellite to connect to router and not another satellite

@xnimrodhunterx wrote:
Hello all, I have an RBR20 router, 1 RBS 20 and 2 RBS40V satellites. 2 of my satellites all daisy chain off of another satellite even though I have one that is closer to the router than the satellite. Is there a way to force the satellite to connect to the router and not a satellite?

Yes,..... and No.  You can force ALL satellites to connect only to the router by unchecking "Enable Daisy Chain" in the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net) on the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup, Wireless Setup.  But you cannot allow some satellites to Daisy Chain and forbid others from doing so.

If even one satellite is too far from the router to get a good signal, then allowing Daisy Chain is the only way for that satellite to function.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7