Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I user Orbi AC3000 WiFi with my own router?

argold
Guide

Can I user Orbi AC3000 WiFi with my own router?

I want to enjoy benefits of Orbi AC 3000 mesh WiFi but without using the Orbi router (because I need to use a router with dual WAN). How? Do I buy a regular router pack (RBK53?) and then ignore router setup, disable its DHCP and connect my Draytek Vigor router to a gigabit LAN port of the Orbi router? Advice or suggestions or reports of success with such a setup will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Can I user Orbi AC3000 WiFi with my own router?

@argold wrote:

I want to enjoy benefits of Orbi AC 3000 mesh WiFi but without using the Orbi router (because I need to use a router with dual WAN). How? Do I buy a regular router pack (RBK53?) and then ignore router setup, disable its DHCP and connect my Draytek Vigor router to a gigabit LAN port of the Orbi router? Advice or suggestions or reports of success with such a setup will be appreciated.

Easily done! Just connect the Orbi "router" to your Draytek (on the LAN side) and configure Orbi to operate in Access Point mode. I run my Orbi in AP mode behind a Mikrotik router. Before that I ran it in AP mode behind a Cradlepoint router, with dual WAN.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Hydro130
Luminary

That's not possible with Orbi, but this new extender is designed exactly for what you are talking about.

Message 2 of 4
st_shaw
Master

@argold wrote:

Easily done! Just connect the Orbi "router" to your Draytek (on the LAN side) and configure Orbi to operate in Access Point mode. I run my Orbi in AP mode behind a Mikrotik router. Before that I ran it in AP mode behind a Cradlepoint router, with dual WAN.

Message 3 of 4
argold
Guide

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7