Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Netgear Orbi RBK53. support bandwidth control for guest network ?

xiaolin
Aspirant

Can Netgear Orbi RBK53. support bandwidth control for guest network ?

I will set up guest network , is it possible to setup  bandwidth limit (download bandwidth )  for guest network  ?  it will use in church, the maximum device connection is about 40-50. and kids connection will be on guest network, we want to limit their download bandwidth.

thanks.xiaolin

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Can Netgear Orbi RBK53. support bandwidth control for guest network ?

Currently there is no bandwidth control in Orbi. I hope it will be coming soon, I think it's a needed feature.

On the other hand you can do the following to limit the kids from using the bandwidth:

1. Shut down the 5 GHz band for the Guest network and just keep the 2.4 GHz for the "guests"!
  2. Block some download services like ftp, but -in Orbi Home- this will affect all devices not only those attached to Guest network only, but is possibel in Orbi Pro
  3. Block certain sites like Netflix, and other video streaming services, but -in Orbi Home- this will affect all devices not only those attached to Guest network only, but is possibel in Orbi Pro
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7