Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can ORBI RBK43 support readyshare?

BKBUTTERWORTH
Aspirant

Can ORBI RBK43 support readyshare?

I am replacing Nighthawk R7000 that I was having wireless coverage issues with.  One feature of the R7000 that I used was Readyshare so that I could use my external harddrive for backups.  Does the ORBI have Readyshare?  If not, how would I connect USB external harddrive to network?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
BKBUTTERWORTH
Aspirant

Re: Can ORBI RBK43 support readyshare?

According to Netgear Genie App, it does not.  Any suggestions on how to network my external USB drive like I had with Readyshare on Nighthawk R7000?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 6
st_shaw
Master

You could use a Raspberry Pi to host your shared USB drive.

Message 3 of 6
Joechang
Apprentice

I am using Orbi RBK53, it dont support Ready Share, and even the USB is USB2.0, speed quite low. Ready Share is quite useful sometimes, hope Orbi team can work on it.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 6
Mayhugh1
Apprentice

I've been using Readyshare to access an old Samsung laser printer attached to one of my satellites. It seems to work just fine with both Win7 and XP computers on my network.

Message 5 of 6
Joechang
Apprentice

My printer support ethernet so not a problem. but I usually use Readyshare as a NAS filesystem, Download or upload from the 1TB harddrive connected with my Netgear router before usint ORBI.

pls refer R7000 Readyshare confirguation page, it not only support printer share also FTP mode and other..

maxresdefault.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7