Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can Orbi configured to act as wireless bridge

KarstenG
Follower

Can Orbi configured to act as wireless bridge

I have a RBR50 with the RBS50 setup. The Router creates a wifi network and is conected to a switch which in turn is connected to the internet gateway.

The satellite is rather far away and in turn connected to a switch as well which connects my office hardware via ethernet (aside from creating / extending the RBR's wifi network).

Question: I dont need the wifi network / RBR & RBS acting as wireless APs. The only thing I need is the Orbi's feature to powerfully bridge space where there is no chance to have a wired / ethernet connection (the backhaul is just great).

1/ Is there any way to configure the RBR / RBS so that a simple wireless bride is built that connects my remote office switch  to the IPS / the gateway-attached switch (if possible without creating a wifi network i.e disabling the access point functionality of the Orbis)? I have not found anything like this in the config shell.

2/ If yes: where do I find the settings / what needs to be done?

3/ if no: Any thoughts around workarounds (or do I have to stick to the APs turned on)?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Can Orbi configured to act as wireless bridge

The Orbi backhaul already acts as a wireless bridge, just as you descrbe.

I believe if you simply turn off both the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi radios, then Orbi will operate as you desire.

Advanced --> Advanced Setup --> Wireless Setitngs --> uncheck "Enable Wireless Router Radio" on both 2.4 and 5 GHz

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7