Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can i buy an rbk50 kit with a single satellite and use the rbs50 satellite with my exisitng kit?

brucewol12
Aspirant

Can i buy an rbk50 kit with a single satellite and use the rbs50 satellite with my exisitng kit?

I have an rbk50 kit with the router and a single rbs50 satellite. i want to add another satellite. it is cheaper to buy another rbk50 kite $142 then just the rbs50 satellite  $233. can i just buy the kit, keep the router as a spare and add the rbs50 from the new kit to my existing setup. In reading other forum posts, i've see a reference to V2. neither by router or satellite have a version number printed on the bottom. my current firmware version on the router is V2.7.4.24

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can i buy an rbk50 kit with a single satellite and use the rbs50 satellite with my exisitng kit?

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can i buy an rbk50 kit with a single satellite and use the rbs50 satellite with my exisitng kit?

Yes. Good idea

Message 2 of 6
Lauren69
Aspirant

@brucewol12 wrote: Portal4me Login

I have an rbk50 kit with the router and a single rbs50 satellite. i want to add another satellite. it is cheaper to buy another rbk50 kite $142 then just the rbs50 satellite  $233. can i just buy the kit, keep the router as a spare and add the rbs50 from the new kit to my existing setup. In reading other forum posts, i've see a reference to V2. neither by router or satellite have a version number printed on the bottom. my current firmware version on the router is V2.7.4.24

Currently, Orbi WiFi 6 Systems are only compatible with Orbi WiFi 6 satellites. Likewise, special Orbi AC WiFi satellites such as the Orbi Outdoor Satellite, Orbi Voice, and Orbi Wall-Plug Satellite are not compatible with Orbi WiFi 6 Systems.

Message 3 of 6
brucewol12
Aspirant

The rbk50 is wifi 5, not wifi 6. so i was not trying to match up a wifi 6 satellite with my  existing rbr50

Message 4 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello brucewol12,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you would like to add additional satellites to your Orbi mesh network. 

The RBR50 is compatible with the following Orbi AC Satellites -  RBS10, RBS20, RBW30, RBS40, RBS40V, RBS50, and RBS50Y. 

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
brucewol12
Aspirant

i ordered the kit and just used the rbs50 satellite from the kit - way cheaper then just buying the satellite buy itself. powered it up and it self configured into my mesh with my proir rbr50 and rbs50

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7