Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not connect my Solaredge Gateway to get monitoring on my Solar Array

najiK
Follower

Can not connect my Solaredge Gateway to get monitoring on my Solar Array

I just added internet service from Cox while still mainting my ATT internet...

Using the ATT modem/router i can easily connect the Solaredge Gateway to the internet and be able to monitor the status of my PV system.  (Gateway-ATT router-internet) So I know the gateway is functional and the system works.

On the Cox side I had to buy a Netgear modem and I am using my Orbi system as router and wifi. When I connect the Gateway to the router I am not able to connect to the Solaredge service. (Gateway-Orbi-Modem-internet) 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Solaredge Gateway Does everything else connect to the new network as expected?

When moving devices from one network to another, you may have to reset the stuff you are moving and then create the new link from scratch. You need to get the device to forget that it ever connected to your old network.

On the Cox side I had to buy a Netgear modem and I am using my Orbi system as router and wifi. When I connect the Gateway to the router I am not able to connect to the Solaredge service. (Gateway-Orbi-Modem-internet) 

Not sure that I follow that layout. Is it the other way round:

>> Internet >> Modem >> Orbi >> Gateway?

It might also help if you told people what the Gateway modem is in front of the Orbi router. The model number could be useful. Some seemingly basic modem, such as the DM200, also provide some basic routing features and need to be put into "modem only" mode.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@najiK wrote:

I just added internet service from Cox while still mainting my ATT internet...

Using the ATT modem/router i can easily connect the Solaredge Gateway to the internet and be able to monitor the status of my PV system.  (Gateway-ATT router-internet) So I know the gateway is functional and the system works.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,

From what I can see, which is not much, the "Solaredge Gateway" is not a gateway as most network users would know it. So it isn't obvious to me where the double NAT would come from. Unless it is this unknown modem, which is why I asked about it.

Maybe it is the "still maintaining my ATT internet" but, in which case that's a whole different network topology with two separate Internet links. Not the easiest thing to figure out or organise.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

However his ATT modem seems to be as well. If the Orbi and ATT modem are in router mode, there would be NAT issues. This Solaredge device seems to connect to the ISP modem ok. The user should try putting the Orbi in AP mode and see if the one device will connect correctly...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7