Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not connect router with satellite

ngerfen
Follower

Can not connect router with satellite

First of all, yes I have searched for the answer to my problem. 

Ok, so I have been having a heck of a time getting the router/satellite to sync. When I first purchase this system, it worked great. One day I decided to move the satellite too far fromt the router and lost connection. The satellite sat unconnected for months and now I think I am screwed. The router auto updated all the way to the latest firmware while the satellite did not and now they wont talk with eachother or sync with eachother at all. When I attempt to sync I get a blinking white LED followed by solid megenta 

I have spent 8-10 hours trouble shooting with no luck. I have tried;

*factory reseting both devices a dozen times

*hitting the sync button on router, then the satellite

*downgrading to 1.1.0.16 and 1.2.0.6

*Hard wiring it to the router directly hopeing it would auto update

*placed the Sat 1,3,5,10,20 feet from the router

*switched from AP to Router and back again

I believe the problem is firmware, but I do not know what firmware the satellite was updated to last. 

Is there anyway to find out the firmware of the satellite without it being connected to the router?

Is there anyway to update the firmware via USB?

I am loosing hope. Any suggestions at all would be helpful. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

@ngerfen wrote:

Please try again with wired backhaul (connecting an Ethernet cable between a LAN port on the Router to a LAN port on the Satellite).

BUT, before that please go in into orbilogen.com, go to "Attached Devices". If the Satellite was previously paired with the Router you'll see it on the top showing as disconnected and beside this status you will see a button saying "Forget" or something like that. Please click on that button to remove historical connection. After that click on "Add Orbi Satellite" and follow the instructions.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you need to upgrade the satellite FW. Please try to LAN connect it to the router. 

You need to get the satellite upgraded to the latest FW thats available, then upgrade the router base. 

If you can find out what is loaded on the satelite, you can try this, downgrade the router to the same version. While at this version of FW, the satellite should synce long enough for you to upgrade the satellite to most current version of FW. Then onces thats upgraded, upgrade the base router to most current version. Factory reset everything and set up from scratch. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

@ngerfen wrote:

First of all, yes I have searched for the answer to my problem. 

Ok, so I have been having a heck of a time getting the router/satellite to sync. When I first purchase this system, it worked great. One day I decided to move the satellite too far fromt the router and lost connection. The satellite sat unconnected for months and now I think I am screwed. The router auto updated all the way to the latest firmware while the satellite did not and now they wont talk with eachother or sync with eachother at all. When I attempt to sync I get a blinking white LED followed by solid megenta 

I have spent 8-10 hours trouble shooting with no luck. I have tried;

*factory reseting both devices a dozen times

*hitting the sync button on router, then the satellite

*downgrading to 1.1.0.16 and 1.2.0.6

*placed the Sat 1,3,5,10,20 feet from the router

*switched from AP to Router and back again

I believe the problem is firmware, but I do not know what firmware the satellite was updated to last. 

Is there anyway to find out the firmware of the satellite without it being connected to the router?

Is there anyway to update the firmware via USB?

I am loosing hope. Any suggestions at all would be helpful. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7