Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not have wireless connect between Canon Pixma MG3670 and my new Orbi router

Kentthirtys
Follower

Can not have wireless connect between Canon Pixma MG3670 and my new Orbi router

I can not connect the Canon printer MG3670 with the new Orbi router wirelessly. Seems that the printer can't talk with the Orbi router or the router not allow to connect the printer. I did try to use the Apps to connect by could not found the Wifi signal from the Orbi. Any one could help me out!?

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can not have wireless connect between Canon Pixma MG3670 and my new Orbi router

Make sure your model printer supports WPA or WPA2 with TPIK and or AES security mode. Some older model printers may not support AES. Contact your printer Mfr and ask for help and support about this. 

Try setting a static IP address ON the printer for 192.168.1.36 or .70. Ensure Gateway (192.168.1.1) and Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0) are set as well. 

If the printer has a LAN port, try connecting it with a ethernet cable. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
sh2sg
Apprentice

Re: Can not have wireless connect between Canon Pixma MG3670 and my new Orbi router

Mine is Canon MG5670, connects to Satellite (RBS50) with no issue, Canon printer supports 2.4Ghz only.

Message 2 of 4
bbunge
Star

Please make sure that your router and satellite have upgraded to the same version of firmware. Then, make sure your satellite is connected to the router. Your firmware should be 2.0.1.4 unless you have manually upgraded to something higher. Do not connect the router to the satellite with a cable as you will have to be on firmware 2.1.x.x or higher for wired backhaul.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Make sure your model printer supports WPA or WPA2 with TPIK and or AES security mode. Some older model printers may not support AES. Contact your printer Mfr and ask for help and support about this. 

Try setting a static IP address ON the printer for 192.168.1.36 or .70. Ensure Gateway (192.168.1.1) and Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0) are set as well. 

If the printer has a LAN port, try connecting it with a ethernet cable. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7