Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can route to host via wired, but not wireless

trashpanda
Aspirant

Can route to host via wired, but not wireless

I'm running v2.3.5.30.  I have 2 NAS boxes in my house in 2 different locations.  They are both connected wired back to the Orbi router.  When I use a wireless device, I can easily get to one of the NAS boxes, but not the other.  If I connect an ethernet cable to my device, I can see either NAS box.  Any help on figuring out how to debug this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can route to host via wired, but not wireless

How do you connect to the NAS box?

IP address or some sort of "name"?

Web browser?  Special software?

"Device" is?

Message 2 of 3
trashpanda
Aspirant

Re: Can route to host via wired, but not wireless

The NAS box is a simple Synology NAS that I have configured with a fixed IP address configured in the orbi router static table.  When I can't see it... I can't connect via nfs or the web server configured on the box.  Ping tells me "request timeout" when I attempt to ping the static ip.  I turn off wifi and plug in a hard wired cable... and everything works.  Unplug the cable and turn wifi back on... can't find the ip.  This occurs from two different devices... though both of them are MacOS ( has occured across siera and catalina )...  Even when it can't see the NAS box... it can see the public network with no issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7