Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t Add multiroom music speakers to pair of echos on Orbi guest network

Jimdaff
Tutor

Can’t Add multiroom music speakers to pair of echos on Orbi guest network

I have an Orbi RBR20 with a satellite. I am trying to get an amazon echo and an Echo dot to play the same music. I follow the steps on the echo app for “Add multiroom music speakers”. When I select the first echo the second one changes status to “Device Unreachable” and becomes unselectable. I cant create a group when one is unreachable.

Could this be happening because I have them on my guest network? I talked to Amazon support and they could not resolve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@Jimdaff wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR20 with a satellite. I am trying to get an amazon echo and an Echo dot to play the same music. I follow the steps on the echo app for “Add multiroom music speakers”. When I select the first echo the second one changes status to “Device Unreachable” and becomes unselectable. I cant create a group when one is unreachable.

Could this be happening because I have them on my guest network? I talked to Amazon support and they could not resolve this.

If you want to have the speakers on the Guest network you need to allow them to see each other and your LAN. You can configure this in the GUI as follows:

Namnlöst.png

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-and-FEIT-2-4GHz-IoT-wi-fi-bulbs/m-p/1664260/highlight/fal...

Message 2 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Jimdaff wrote:

If you want to have the speakers on the Guest network you need to allow them to see each other and your LAN. You can configure this in the GUI as follows:

Namnlöst.png

Message 3 of 6
Jimdaff
Tutor

This worked perfect!!
Thanks very much
Message 4 of 6
Jimdaff
Tutor

Thanks but I tried ekhalil’s suggestion first because it was so simple. It worked perfect.
Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

You welcome. Glad that this helped!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements